Monday 23 March 2015

Meal Planning Monday - 23rd March 2015

Oh well that was short lived, last week didn't go to plan and I don't expect this week to be much on track either, but I am determined to get back into the swing of things.

I did manage to make my stew & dumplings on Monday and it was delicious, but that's as far as I got. So in fairness if I manage to stick to two meals this week then that's 100% improvement on last weeks effort - right?!?!?

So what's the plan for this week then....

Monday - It's my birthday - I'm going to have a carvery
Tuesday - Chicken & mushroom pasta
Wednesday - Spaghetti bolognaise
Thursday - possible leftovers or fish fingers, mash & beans
Friday - takeaway ( the curse of McD's monopoly promotion )
Saturday - lasagne & garlic bread
Sunday - will attempt a roast dinner this week

Until I get back into the swing of things I agree my choices are probably a bit predictable and boring. I am finding it hard cooking for just me and the little one because he never wants what I want and I don't always want what he wants.

I want to be cooking great food again but I always make too much, I always did when cooking for 3 and haven't learnt to reduce my portion sizes for 2 ( well one and a half, Squiggle is still only 4! ) Plus the enjoyment has gone, I honestly feel like I can't be bothered cooking some nights and only do it because I have another mouth in the house to feed.


Anyway enough with the self pity, if you want some inspiration and great recipe ideas then head on over to At Home With Mrs M .



1 comment:

  1. Predictable and boring is the best way, proper homely meals that you can rely on :) hope you have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete