Wednesday 25 March 2015

Another Year Older!

So here I am again -  another year older, and it's quite debatable if I am slightly wiser or not.

Where have the past few years gone? Well thanks to my Timehop app on my phone I know exactly what's been happening over the last 6 years!

6 years ago I turned 30, I stopped smoking and was concentrating on trying to start a family.

5 years ago I was 7 months pregnant with Squiggle, and feeling quite ill around the time of my birthday - who knew what was going to happen a week later!

4 years ago I was still recovering from Squiggle's traumatic birth and my acute pancreatitis, but at least I was back home and not still in the hospital.

3 years ago I had a day out shopping with Squiggle and my sister in law, I'd been driving again for just a few months, and although I was still tired and ill, I was now managing to get out of the house on my own and with friends.

2 years ago I was snowed in, and I mean it literally, I couldn't open my back door and there was nearly a 3 foot snow drift at the front. My friends helped cheer me up with their Birthday Mission.

1 year ago I spent the whole day arguing with the husband - enough said.

This year, I finally had a night out to celebrate, it's been a long time coming and I certainly celebrated it in style, with my best friend. ( and when I say style I mean slumming it in the local pubs, but it's still a style of some sorts! )

I had some lovely cards and gifts from my friends and family and I can definitely say without a shadow of a doubt it has been the best birthday in a very long time.

And to top it off, Andi Peters wished me a happy birthday again this year!






No comments:

Post a Comment