Thursday 5 June 2014

Juneathon 2014 - Day 5, poorly child

Woohoo I'm back on track, was up bright and early this morning to do a 10 km bike ride in the comfort of my living room, yes it was pouring down with rain again, so I opted for a quick ride on my exercise bike.


I then proceeded to spend the rest of the day in the urgent care centre at the hospital. Poor Squiggle has been suffering lately with a cough and runny nose but during the night he started with earache. It's the one ailment that makes me feel useless as a mother, a scratch or cut an be covered with a plaster, a grazed knee can be kissed better, a coco pop up the nose can be extracted but there's nothing I can do for earache, sure I can and did give him children's paracetamol but trying to explain to a 4 year old that it needs time to work is a bit of a pointless exercise whilst they are crying in pain.

Anyway 3 hours later and the diagnosis was an ear infection. The nurse didn't want to prescribe antibiotics if she could help it, so we were sent on our way with some children's ibuprofen and told to see how he is tomorrow.

Squiddle then spent the rest of the afternoon fast asleep on the settee, but miraculously "got better" when grandma came to see him, and he is now off for a sleepover.

I think I might take advantage of this and try and grab and early night myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment