Friday 2 May 2014

Psoriasis treatment - Days 5 - 7

Only been to the hospital three times this week so I've had two light treatment sessions and two ointment sessions. Because I hadn't been since last Thursday for the ointment, I've had to drop down to 0.5% for 15 minutes on Wednesday and 0.5% for 30 minutes on Thursday.

Due to other hospital appointments it's going to be a full week before I have another session, so I'm hoping to keep on top of it at home over the bank holiday weekend. Hopefully my light treatment will carry on, without having to drop down on that too!

Wednesday I was on 0.22 J/cm2 and today I'm p to 0.26 J/cm2 - means nothing to me, and to be honest I'm not sure the nurses could explain what it really means - all I know is the higher the J/cm2 goes - the hotter it gets!

It pings when I'm cooked!

Still look weird in these - don't think
I'll be starting a new fashion craze any time soon!
But I do like slobbing around in the pyjamas!

Today I had a pleasant surprise whilst sitting in the treatment room, and that was other female company. I'm always outnumbered by men and did wonder if the statistics that say psoriasis affects men and women equally was slightly off. So today the woman outnumbered the men by three to one, poor chap didn't know what he'd let himself in for having to listen to us three chatting about girly things!

Just hope my future appointments coincide with them in the future, it's nice to be able to chat to someone to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment