Monday 20 January 2014

Meal Planning Monday - 20th January 2014

OK, So I've been out of action for a little while, but I'm back.... but for how long long I'm not sure, I have an operation planned for the end of the month so might be offline for a few days or a few weeks, hopefully not months like the last time I was in hospital.

Anyway prior to my operation I have to do a liver reduction diet and it doesn't look interesting at all.
Basically everyday for the next 2 weeks I can have

Breakfast
30g cereal 
or 
1 slice of bread with a scraping of low fat spread

Lunch
4oz meat or fish or cheese or 2 eggs
1 slice of bread or 2 Ryveta
Unlimited salad or tomatoes

Dinner
4oz meat or fish or cheese or 2 eggs
4oz potato or 2 tablespoons rice or pasta
unlimited vegetables

Plus
an apple & a banana
a low fat yoghurt
200ml milk
unlimited diet/low calorie drinks, tea or coffee ( using daily milk allowance)

So my plan for the week is

Monday: chicken thighs with butternut squash and rice with veg

Tuesday: Lamb steaks with mash, peas, and carrots

Wednesday: Spaghetti Bolognaise

Thursday: child free night - carvery at pub

Friday: Use the leftovers of the Spag Bol

Saturday:  Portabello mushroom pizza ( see below for the recipe )

Sunday: roast dinner with all the trimmings ( minus a yorkie pud for me! )

I've decided to use my fruit and yoghurt to make a nice pudding in the evening but if I do get peckish during the day then I will have my banana then.

I came across a recipe for Portabello Mushrom Pizza in a magazine in the hospital waiting room, it looks really quick and easy to make.
Heat oven to 180 degrees C
Take 2 large Portabello mushrooms, remove the stems and bake for 5-10 minutes, then fill with chopped tomatoes and top with buffalo mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

For more inspiration check out out MrsM's! blog


No comments:

Post a Comment