Monday 10 June 2013

Rod Stewart - Live the Life Tour

I was privileged to receive 2 complimentary tickets from Show Film First to see Rod Stewart live in concert on Sunday night at the MEN Arena in Manchester! WOW! Speechless! OMG!

I still can't quite believe I was there - it was amazing!

My first impressive moment was getting the tickets and finding that they were in the first block on the right hand side of the stage, which was amazing in itself because I've only ever had tickets on the left side of the stage, trivial I know but I knew this was a sign of a good night.



The support act for the night was Moya a singer songwriter from London, and although the acoustics and sound were not very good, she was a very good singer, and I thought she did a great job of opening the show.



After a quick set change it was time for the man himself to make an appearance, having front side seats we were able to see him come on stage before everyone else and we were very excited.
Rod opened the show with Can't Stop Me Now and proved that yes even as an old rocker - you definitely cannot stop him at all. The night was filled with laughter, dancing and a few poignant moments as we remembered the soldiers fighting in various wars.

As Rod came back on stage after a quick mid way costume change, his belt snapped, and bless he couldn't apologise enough for the interruption, so as a treat he agreed to sing an extra song for us all at the end of the encore and sang Stay With Me. So the full set-list for the night was:

  1. Can't Stop Me Now
  2. You Wear It Well
  3. This Old Heart Of Mine
  4. Twistin' The Night Away
  5. Rhythm Of My Heart
  6. The Killing Of Georgie
  7. Tonight's The Night
  8. Forever Young
  9. The First Cut is The Deepest
  10. Have I Told You Lately
  11. Brighton Beach
  12. I Don't Want To Talk About It
  13. Finest Woman
  14. Sweet Little Rock & Roller
  15. Soul Man ( sang by the backing singers as Soul Girl )
  16. Hot Legs
  17. You're In My Heart
  18. Maggie May
  19. Baby Jane
Encore:
  • Sailing
  • Do You Think I'm Sexy
  • Stay With Me


Just before the end Rod distributed about 50 signed footballs kicking them into the audience at the same time as he was singing, we weren't lucky enough to grab one but the man two rows behind did!.

The concert was brilliant and I really enjoyed myself and the fun continued all the way home as my mum and me sang along to a Rod Stewart CD in the car! - I can't wait for the next concert.


No comments:

Post a Comment