Friday 19 April 2013

Squiggle's Trip!

So there I was this morning lying in bed fast asleep, when I was woken up by a bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, crash - scream! Squiggle had only gone and fallen down the stairs!
I don't think I've ever gotten out of bed as fast in my life. The poor thing was lying there at the bottom of the stairs in floods of tears, luckily his dad got to him quickly and carried him into the living room for cuddles so I could try and assess the situation. I asked him to show me his ouchies, and he pointed to his wrist, elbow & back, and asked me to kiss them better. I couldn't see any marks on his head, so didn't know if he'd bumped his head on the way down, but still decided to take him to the hospital to be checked over.

Despite his fall he was chirpy as anything at the hospital, running around and just being his general, noisy, happy self. We went through the triage nurse who took his stats but because little Squiggle always has cold hands, she had to put the stats thingy on his feet - uh oh I thought as I took his trainers off, good job he'd had a bath last night and didn't have stinky feet!
We then waited to see a doctor, we were the only ones in the hospital and thought it would be quick - but no as soon as it turned 9am a whole host of kiddies and parents turned up with various ailments.

Eventually we saw the doctor and he had Squiggle jumping around to test he hadn't damaged his back, he passed with flying colours but was still sent for an X-ray on his rib cage and back just to be safe.

He was well behaved and even smiled and said "cheese" as the radiographer took his X-ray. We then had to wait for another hour to get the results, but thankfully there was nothing wrong with, just a few bruises. So we were sent home.

We spent the rest of the day cuddled up on the settee watching cartoons, I think he was still a bit shaken up. At one point he turned round and shaking his head said "Mummy, I not fall down stairs again"
I most certainly hope he keeps his word!

No comments:

Post a Comment