Wednesday 27 March 2013

Snorasaurus - Noun: "(informal, humorous, mildly pejorative) a loud or persistent snorer"

What I wouldn't give for a lazy day, I'm feeling very sorry myself & think I'm sickening for something, got the usual pre cold feelings - sore throat, fuzzy head, feeling cold in myself and generally feeling knackered. It doesn't help that I don't get much sleep at night due to the 2 Snorasauruses in the house. My husband is the first one and my two year old son has now joined him. It should be made an arrestable offence if when you snore your poor wifey can't hear the TV downstairs! It's like listening to a pneumatic drill coming through the ceiling some nights and then when I'm ready to fall asleep I've to climb in bed next to him and listen to it even louder! - My son is just as bad, at two years old I can hear him, his in bedroom, with the door shut!. They seem to take it in turns to snore so all I actually hear is one long loud noise with no let up!

I've just managed to get Squiggle Diddle (son) off for an afternoon nap and thought I might join him, but no, he was snoring before he had even shut his eyes - takes after my dad there then - he can snore whilst he's awake!

I have to slightly disagree with the dictionaries meaning of a Snorasaurus, In the case of my son, I can whole heartily agree that it is humourous & very cute, but not the husband, oh no he's just annoying!

Well I suppose I'd better make the most of this and attempt to do a spot of cleaning, I'm supposed to be having a birthday tea party for Squiggle at the weekend but as yet I can't find my dining table, its buried underneath a mound of ironing, best crack on and do something productive with my "peace and quiet" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment