Thursday 5 August 2010

Summertime Blues

So Thursday 22nd July 2010 and a daily action plan had been drawn up to get me mobilised, but to be honest it wasn't worth the paper it was written on, also it only covered Monday to Friday - no plan for it to be continued or adjusted over the weekend and so by Sunday it had been abolished!

A week later and I was back off for another scan and still feeling poorly, by now I had stopped eating. Well there's only so many times you can eat the same thing on the same day week in and week out. Sunday is a dodgy roast dinner with something that resembles tinned beef in gravy, Monday is some fish pie that must just be mashed boiled in a fish stock because I have yet to see a fish, Tuesday is sandwich day, tuna for dinner and ham for tea, Wednesday is the day I look forward to - chips and beans days ( cheese pie optional! ) Thursday, Friday and Saturday are also sandwich days. I once tried a curry but that was an horrendous experience!

3rd August and I received a visit from a lead matron, my mum and dad had put a complaint in about how I was or wasn't being looked after. She was very shocked when she walked in to see a frail young body lying in a bed. It was about this time I finally broke down. After being told day in and out by the nurses that I should be depressed with all the things that had been going on I think my mind started listening to them and decided that yes I should be depressed, I don't know what really happened in my head but I did just wake up one morning and feel down in the dumps.  So following my conversation with the lead matron she wanted me to see a member of the mental health team and talk to someone unconnected to my ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment